Sunday, June 14, 2020

I AM WITH YOU

Source: Canva | Designed: Self 

A message by: Kartik Nair
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A BLOG. THIS IS A MESSAGE FOR YOU
This piece of writing is a little thought, a reflection of something I want to tell you personally. Repeat, this is personal and subjective; you may interpret it differently. Well, for that matter, each person reading this blog will (I would consider it unfair calling this piece a blog though). The Sunday Blog Post as you've been reading (if you are every Sunday) has been going well for a couple of weeks now, and I'm getting a pretty decent number of views to go along with it. Maybe enough people aren't reading my blogs, or maybe they don't want to read. Perhaps they are not good enough. Or maybe people just don't want to read it. Lots of thoughts going on right now in my head, I tell you.
Trust me, today's topic was going to be much different than the one you're reading right now. I did a good amount of research and did a good level of planning or thought. For that matter, I even got a friend to help me with the design (as always). But hours before posting it, due to some incident, I decided that it was better to sort of, talk to you than describe some event or something of importance or an event that is worth talking or having a debate about. The year 2020 has not been too kind to humanity. For everyone. The rich. The poor. The educated. The uneducated. The haves. The have-nots. Well, I can go on endlessly here, with a good number of adjectives or analogies, but today, I will not.
As many of you might be aware, one of the best actors of our generation, Sushant Singh Rajput committed suicide (preliminary, due to depression) today. This is about throwing away the most precious gift God has given us. All of us. Sometimes, it is taken from us in ways we can't even imagine, in situations we least expect it. Someone else may or may not tell our story to the world, portraying what we did in our lifetime. Was it worth it? Only you know. Nobody other than you can give you a take on this. You are your own best judge.
There are moments in everyone's life different from regular ones. You may not view them as 'just any other day'. They are the defying moments in your life, and it is these very moments that define your situations. The way you deal with them defines you. To some, they are immortalized by such incidents. They are famed. Known. Given examples of. You may hear stories of success from your parents, friends or anyone for that matter. Success stories, as you commonly mark them. But what about the other part? Probability implies that the other part exists as well. Failure. So, what happens to the others? Others are demoralized. Just lost. Low. Sad. Lonely. Depressed. They start doubting themselves, their abilities, qualities, and who they are as a person. The one weak point in life kills the hundred high points one has had. The unwritten element of life and experience tells us, "It is okay to fail in front of others. Just don't fail in front of yourself". But what happens if you fail? If you don't get the desired outcome? Is it the end of the world? Can't you start again? Don't you want to start again?

Is giving up or quitting 'the ultimate solution'?

Dear reader. Let me tell you. It is not. In here, unlike lots of facets of life, there is no second chance. There is no stopping the 9mm round once the striker hits the primer or when the knife slashes through the veins. Or when you start feeling the air get tighter and when the breathing becomes more laborious. Or microseconds before you hit the ground or a vehicle. Your life looks back, and you and your image is shattered in a second. Your entire life takes a flashback moments before everything goes dark. (Probably, this is when you smile for the final time). This is different from your sleep or a nap that you might be looking to take. There is no waking up. Your life is over. You will not wake up again. Your soul has escaped. Your heart has stopped beating. Your nerve centre is dead. It is all over. For you, it is. Like Newton's third law, every action has an opposite reaction. You may have done what you can never undo, but there is a tragic loss of your presence to everyone and everything you hold dear. No materialistic thing can ever replace you. And this applies even if you are alone, or if you think you are alone. You should not let things which are dear to you miss you.
As humans, we indulge in a lot of things. Good, harmful, constructive, destructive and what not. Some may be good and some not. Sometimes we feel elated, and at the other times, it feels like we've reached ground zero. Like there is no way out. Maybe there is a way out. Let me help you. I am no God-sent creature. I am no expert. I am no psychologist or a mind reader. I am not perfect. I am an individual with some decent experiences and a good amount of imperfections. (I believe in God and for the best, though!) I will be there to talk to or listen if you think there is nobody to listen to you. Or if you feel low. I may not be as able to connect with you, but I promise to do my best to help you get through your hard times. I'll try my best and put a smile on your face, my reader. We also get to know more about each other that way! More importantly, you are happy. And for me, that counts. (Not to mention, our conversation stays confidential, and before you think of anything else-it is free). And yes, we may or may not be on good terms. But, this is my word, my promise. And I'll do my best, irrespective of events of our past or whatever has happened between us, of any. If stupid thoughts ever enter your head or you feel there's nobody to listen to you, reach me out

If you think you are alone. You are wrong. Just ask people around you, the ones who care for you, the ones you care about, if your presence matters. Perhaps, you may then understand.
"Jaan hai to jahaan hai"- Meer Taqi Meer, 18th Century AD (Health is Wealth, basically)
I wrote this little message for you in a bit of rush (last-minute things). The original blog took a reasonable amount of time to complete and the last-minute change. Apologies if there are any errors, though!

Protected by Copyscape

Subscribe to The Sunday Blog Post :)

* indicates required

1 comment: